[chef] updating environments with Rake

  • From: mark bradley < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] updating environments with Rake
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 12:11:42 -0400

Hi,

I've added some environments to our Chef repository and (using the Rakefile that comes with the Chef repo) I'm trying to update the Chef server.

The documentation about environments () states: "Each time you rake install your Chef Repository, we will re-compile the corresponding JSON and store it in the chef server." however if I do a "rake install" the server doesn't seem to be updated with the changes. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,
Mark