[chef] Re: Re: knife ec2 server create in VPC

  • From: mark bradley < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: knife ec2 server create in VPC
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2012 17:31:38 -0400

Thanks AJ.

I do have the subnet specified, and it's allocating an IP in that subnet, but I'd like to configure it with a specific IP address. Failing that, I'd like to know the algorithm to make sure that the IP doesn't conflict with instances already in that subnet.

I don't need access to the server from external sources, it's purely an internal server so no EIP is required.

It just seems like it would be a huge oversight not to allow specifying the IP address.

Mark