[chef] Re: Re: Re: Monitoring knife-lastrun?

  • From: Torben Knerr < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Monitoring knife-lastrun?
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2012 08:51:05 +0200

On Mon, Jun 11, 2012 at 7:27 AM, < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Steffen Gebert wrote:

> Thanks kallen, that was an excellent starting point!
>
> I've never used zabbix_sender, but - of course - it's absolutely the right tool for this job!
>
> I managed to write a handler that reports execution times and status of chef-client runs to zabbix:
> https://github.com/StephenKing/chef-zabbix-custom-checks/blob/master/templates/default/chef-client/chef-client-handler.rb
>
> Just a question: Do you log more than plain numbers? (exception stack trace, updated resources etc?). Found nothing out, how to log multiple lines.

I remember there was a presentation from Etsy at ChefConf mentioning they were using knife-lastrun to report Chef runs (including stacktrace, etc):

Not sure if that helps...

Torben

nope, not at this time. for now, for me, just knowing my clients are
succeeding or failing is good enough. those that fail, i'll ssh in and take
a look.

glad it was helpful! :>

kallen