[chef] Re: using /var/chef/tmp instead of /tmp as a workspace for recipes

  • From: Ranjib Dey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: using /var/chef/tmp instead of /tmp as a workspace for recipes
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 14:05:35 +0800

i prefer to use the Chef::Config[:file_cache_path] (which usually points to /var/chef/cache) for similar use cases

On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 2:02 PM, Bryan Berry < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
It came to my attention this morning that some admins mount the /tmp with the noexec flag

The java::oracle recipe downloads the oracle jdk*.bin file to the tmp directory and executes it there. The result is an unpacked jdk directory

Would it be useful for me to use a new directory like /var/chef/tmp instead of /tmp for this kind of thing?