[chef] Remove recipe from role

  • From: John Dyer < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Remove recipe from role
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2012 23:32:00 -0400

Hey Guys,

  I have a quick question.. so in my base role I make use of the Dynect cookbook to set DNS on the new node.  However once the node is provisioned I no longer need to run this recipe and would like to remove it from the runlist.  The problem is I am not seeing a way to remove a recipe from within a nodes runlist, only remove roles entirely and recipes....  So is this possible or do I need to refactor things a bit and pull out the DynEct cookbook from the role ?

Thanks!

-John