[chef] RE: Re: Re: Windows Chef-Client-Lastest.msi 10.12.0 - Changes & Bug

  • From: Wade Peacock < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] RE: Re: Re: Windows Chef-Client-Lastest.msi 10.12.0 - Changes & Bug
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 21:17:43 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-CA, en-US

I can deal with the change to C:\chef as long as the next chef-client-lastest.msi continues to use it. One fear I have is that the next msi goes back to \etc\chef or even a different directory. Currently we only have 25 Windows systems using chef-client to control configurations, however we have another 100+ system which we'll be adding gradually over the next while and having a moving default folder will become problematic. While is possible to path the client configuration file to use via the command like chef-client -c <path_to file>\client.rb   it is easier to if just chef-client is needed.