[chef] Re: Re: Re: Nodes not showing up in search

  • From: Maxime Brugidou < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Nodes not showing up in search
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 20:01:36 +0200

Check out http://tickets.opscode.com/browse/CHEF-2346

if your node has a lot of attributes (generally from ohai automatic attributes) it could exceed the 10000 default limit and not get indexed properly. The workaround is to increase that limit in Solr.

On Sat, Jun 30, 2012 at 8:40 PM, < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On Fri, Jun 29, 2012 at 10:05:22PM -0700, Brad Knowles wrote:
> On Jun 29, 2012, at 7:41 PM, Paul Graydon wrote:
>
> > I seem to be hitting an odd glitch with search in that nodes with a role associated with them aren't returning when I search based on role:
> >
> > $ knife search node role:monitored
> > 1 items found
>
> Try "roles:" instead of "role:".  That will search all inherited roles and run_list items recursively, instead of just the top-level role.

Unfortunately that makes no difference, I see exactly the same result as "role:", just the one server instead of 3 responding.

Paul