- From: Ringo De Smet <
- Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Using chef to manage your OS X server environments?
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 10:51:06 +0200
On 30 June 2012 09:33, Joshua Timberman <
I wrote last year two posts about how I manage my Macs with Chef.
I have a few updates to make at some point but it's not all finished. You may be interested in what Ben Bleything has done here:
Or what Pivotal Labs has:
These are workstation examples, obviously but there is applicable work for cross platform use of course. Opscode has also updated a few cookbooks to support OSX, MySQL, git, build-essential for example.
I can add to that some work I recently did, with pending pull requests:
- Register chef-client as launchd service on Mac OS X (Server)
Due to the above, I found a bug in the Mac OS X service provider:
- Expanding "~/Library/LaunchAgents" fails resolving HOME when running chef-client as root
- [chef] Re: Re: Using chef to manage your OS X server environments?, Ringo De Smet, 07/03/2012
Archive powered by MHonArc 2.6.16.