[chef] Re: Re: Using chef to manage your OS X server environments?

  • From: Ringo De Smet < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Using chef to manage your OS X server environments?
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 10:51:06 +0200

On 30 June 2012 09:33, Joshua Timberman < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
I wrote last year two posts about how I manage my Macs with Chef.

* http://jtimberman.housepub.org/blog/2011/04/03/managing-my-workstations-with-chef/

I have a few updates to make at some point but it's not all finished.  You may be interested in what Ben Bleything has done here:

Or what Pivotal Labs has:

These are workstation examples, obviously but there is applicable work for cross platform use of course. Opscode has also updated a few cookbooks to support OSX, MySQL, git, build-essential for example.

I can add to that some work I recently did, with pending pull requests:

COOK-1379 - Register chef-client as launchd service on Mac OS X (Server)

Due to the above, I found a bug in the Mac OS X service provider:

CHEF-3237 - Expanding "~/Library/LaunchAgents" fails resolving HOME when running chef-client as root

Cheers,

Ringo

  • [chef] Re: Re: Using chef to manage your OS X server environments?, Ringo De Smet, 07/03/2012