[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: How to control the order that Chef (solo) executes resources?

  • From: Jamie Winsor < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Cc: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: How to control the order that Chef (solo) executes resources?
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2012 18:20:00 -0700

It's running at compile time to ensure the postgres gem will install. The package is a dependency of that.

Jamie Winsor
@resetexistence

On Jul 8, 2012, at 5:57 PM, Sascha Bates < "> > wrote:

Yes, Peter is correct. I'm looking at the postgres-client recipe and it's forcing install at compile time:

http://community.opscode.com/cookbooks/postgresql/source

pg_packages.each do |pg_pack|
  package pg_pack do
    action :nothing
  end.run_action(:install)
end

gem_package "pg" do
  action :nothing
end.run_action(:install)

There's probably a good reason for this.  You could change it so it's not running at compile time but that will probably break something else that assumes it's already available. Is this breaking your build-essentials install or are you just trying to figure out why it's running out of the order you assumed?
Sascha Bates

 ">
  | 612 850 0444 |