[chef] Restricting a Chef Workstation to specific cookbook management

  • From: Wade Peacock < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Restricting a Chef Workstation to specific cookbook management
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 23:12:34 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-CA, en-US

I've done some searching and I've come up dry. I'm looking for a way to restrict a Chef workstation to manage a limited set of cookbooks. This way we can have our build/deployment systems manage product/application specific cookbooks while not running the risk of it managing global cookbooks.

Global Cookbook meaning stock windows, mongo, openssl etc.

Wade Peacock
Production IT | Vision Critical
direct  604.629.9358

mobile  604.363.8137

www.visioncritical.com

New York  |  London  |  Vancouver |  Paris  | Sydney  |  Chicago |  San Francisco | Toronto | Montreal | Calgary