[chef] Re: Managing user dotfiles under chef -- as files?

  • From: Larry Wright < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Managing user dotfiles under chef -- as files?
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 22:39:53 -0500

It's not clear whether each person has their own distinct configurations, or if they are all a common configuration. If it's the former, perhaps try putting each person's configuration in a separate Git repo and pulling it in in a cookbook. If it's the latter, I have typically just had a recipe that lays down these files using cookbook_file.

--
Larry Wright