[chef] Re: Re: knife node list output different to Opscode interface

  • From: Nick Peirson < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: knife node list output different to Opscode interface
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 10:16:47 +0100

On 18/07/2012 23:41, Steven Danna wrote:
Do you have an environment set in your config file that might be
filtering out some of the results?
Yup, that was it. Thanks for the quick reply.

Is there anyway to unset that from the command line? Most knife tasks I want to run with the default environment I've specified in my knife.rb, however I want to override this to operate on all environments in some cases.

I could list environments and loop through them as a last resort, but seems arduous and quite slow, as it has to make a few trips to opscode to get all the nodes from all environments. I suppose separate knife.rb files that include commonalities might be another solution.

Any thoughts on best practice?

Cheers
Nick