[chef] Re: Need confirmation on setting up chef server for the first time using knife-server command

  • From: Igor Afonov < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Need confirmation on setting up chef server for the first time using knife-server command
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 10:47:20 +0300

Hi,

1. Take a look into this bootstrap script it's quite self-descriptive

https://github.com/fnichol/knife-server/blob/master/lib/chef/knife/bootstrap/chef-server-debian.erb

2. You can use your own server. But knife-server has bootstrap script only for debian/ubuntu, however you can create your own very similiar script for other distro.
3. knife server bootstrap [hostname] [options] - see https://github.com/fnichol/knife-server#-knife-server-bootstrap-common-options