[chef] Chef repo environment variable?

  • From: Cassiano Leal < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Chef repo environment variable?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 09:16:35 -0300

Hello,

I have been wondering, but couldn't find anything on the interwebs… Is there a way to point knife to the correct chef-repo path via an environment variable, say CHEF_HOME, or CHEF_REPO?

The reason I ask is that I have several contexts in my workstation (work, private project 1, private project 2, …). I use shell aliases to set several environment variables for each context (AWS keys and paths, other stuff), and when I open a new shell I just call the alias to set the context.

Any pointers?

Thanks!
--
Cassiano Leal