[chef] Nginx cookbook usage help

  • From: Morgan Blackthorne < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Nginx cookbook usage help
  • Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 04:28:54 -0700

I've got the nginx cookbook in place now, but I'm a little fuzzy on how to proceed next. I bootstrapped a node and it configured nginx with all the defaults. I wrote my own config block which I would like to either:
  • place in /etc/nginx/sites-available
  • create a symlink to it in /etc/nginx/sites-enabled
  • disable the /etc/nginx/sites-enabled/default symlink
Or, to just replace the default config block directly and save the hassle of mucking around with multiple files.

What's the best way to go about this?

Also, I'm using a SVN repo for my chef repo, because we do our hosting on Jira OnDemand, which doesn't offer Git (yet). Is there any way I can get "knife cookbook download" to play nice with SVN? Can I use git-svn to use it as a git repo locally but push commits to the master over SVN? I'm sure I'm not the first person to run into this issue...

Thanks for any help.

--
~*~ StormeRider ~*~

"Every world needs its heroes [...] They inspire us to be better than we are. And they protect from the darkness that's just around the corner."

(from Smallville Season 6x1: "Zod")