[chef] Nginx and Apt

  • From: Morgan Blackthorne < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Nginx and Apt
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2012 14:48:03 -0700

I'm trying to install nginx via Chef. I've got an Ubuntu 12.04 AMI, but when I go to install nginx it can't find it. I even customized a recipe that goes to install nginx-full, but it's not in the apt cache.

I added the apt cookbook and placed that first in the role, to trigger apt-get update, but it's still not updating the cache even though I see it firing before the package install:

https://gist.github.com/3251781

Anyone run into this before or know what I'm doing wrong?

--
~*~ StormeRider ~*~

"Every world needs its heroes [...] They inspire us to be better than we are. And they protect from the darkness that's just around the corner."

(from Smallville Season 6x1: "Zod")

On why I hate the phrase "that's so lame"... http://bit.ly/Ps3uSS