[chef] ssh supports in remote_file?

  • From: John Wong < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] ssh supports in remote_file?
  • Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 22:13:55 -0400

Do we have SSH support using remote file? I have files sitting in the cache server, but this server is not HTTP accessible for security reason. Only SSH is possible. Well, actually, it's sitting on the same machine that chef-server is running on, except chef-server user does not have the privilege to read this mount cache point.  We mount it so that it is network accessible with proper user.

Ideas? You can't put files like mongodb binary into a cookbook, that's crazy.

Thanks.

John