[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Trouble with test-kitchen

  • From: David Petzel < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Trouble with test-kitchen
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 12:57:23 -0400

Removing veewee should resolve the issue, I've certainly run into that as well.

So I actually got the same type of issues trying to do the uninstall of veewee, So I proceed with bundler approach, which appears to be working. The VM is booting as I type.

However, I think that the habit of using bundler when a project has its own Gemfile is a good one to develop, to avoid the conflicting dependency and library loading as you've seen. It's a habit I try to remember myself. I have an alias in my shell profile to make bundle exec less anoying:

alias b='bundle exec'

Sorry for more questions, but.... If using bundler is good/best practice, does it make sense that the quick start would list that as the way to get started, or is the current approach the best for most folks and I just got jacked up from my previous veewee adventures?

Again I'm REALLY green with ruby, so I won't even pretend to understand all the details of the bundler approach (aside from the quick reading I've done on their site since starting this thread).

Thanks Again, I really appreciate the feedback, and sorry if these are really intro level questions :(