[chef] Re: Re: pacemaker cookbook

  • From: Mat Davies < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: pacemaker cookbook
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 11:48:29 +0100

On 29 August 2012 11:25, Matt Kynaston < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
On 29 August 2012 11:10, Mat Davies < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi,

does anyone know of any already written cookbook for setup and management of pacemaker that is compatible with debian?

I'm looking to setup some loadbalancers/reverse proxies using nginx and pacemaker for ip failover and service restart but so far I'm stuck finding anything current for pacemaker and thought it was worth checking here before starting from scratch.

I'm just getting round to looking at Pacemaker + Corosync + Chef as well, but for DB failover. So far I've found this:

As the author notes, the stumbling block is letting pacemaker manage the services instead of chef. I'd be very interested to discuss any solutions.

It looks interesting I've not really looked into barclamp and crowbar before, it looks to be far broader coverage than I was thinking of as it is try to setup and manage drbd etc.

I have been using a non chef managed Pacemaker + Corosync for a redis failover environment and had issues with disk sync issues so was planning on avoiding that for a HA loadbalancer that does have any requirement for disk sync.