[chef] How to disable deploy_revision {} receipe from the later recipe?

  • From: Sachin Sagar Rai < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] How to disable deploy_revision {} receipe from the later recipe?
  • Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2012 14:04:00 +0545

Ohai!

One of my chef recipe uses the old, going to be deprecated, cookbook `application`

In my recipe, I used all the resources defined via application's cookbook recipe except the `deploy_revision...` block.

To just disable this, in my cookbook, I used

deploy_revision app_name do
  action :nothing
end

Which would not run that specific block while converging. But since I updated the chef to 10.12 from 10.8, its not ignoring this. Why its happening? Or it'ld be fine how can I disable the `deploy_revision...` resource to exclude when converging?

@millisami
~ Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer
http://tfm.com.np