[chef] Re: Re: Monitoring chef runs

  • From: David Petzel < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Monitoring chef runs
  • Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 19:40:11 -0400

+1 for handlers. we have an email exception handler. The handler is applied in our base role (early on), in QA and Prod environments, but disabled in other environments so we don't spam ourselves while developing and testing updates. We are still pretty early on in our implementation, but so far this has been working for us.