[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EOFError when downloading cookbooks with knife

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: EOFError when downloading cookbooks with knife
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2012 08:48:40 -0700

On Tuesday, September 11, 2012 at 6:11 AM, Nanuk Krinner wrote:

Hi,

On 09/10/2012 09:17 PM, Daniel DeLeo wrote:
[...]
Did you delete a cookbook with the `--purge` option?

I can't remember if I did delete any cookbooks, but I definitely did not
use the '--purge' option.

chef-server (and
also Hosted and Private Chef) store cookbook files by checksum, so it
shouldn't be necessary to upload any duplicate files.

README.rb did not get uploaded from the very beginning AFAIR. Only after
editing the file it was uploaded and hence present in the database when
I downloaded the cookbook later.

[...]

Regards,
Nanuk
Can you reproduce this? What I described is how it's supposed to work and how it works most of the time, so it might be a tricky bug.

--
Daniel DeLeo