[chef] Re: Change restart/reload trigger order?

  • From: Vincent Jorgensen < >
  • To: "< >" < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Change restart/reload trigger order?
  • Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 18:44:31 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US

I meant to say that keepalived and haproxy are restarting out of order.  Regardless, the problem is thus: keepalived gets a new configuration, which includes a new virtual ipaddress. haproxy gets the same ip address to add to it's frontend listening directive. But when haproxy restarts first, the ip address interface doesn't exist yet, so restart fails, which kills haproxy and all its running proxies. The first time I configure a new virtual ip, I have to manually restart keepalived so that haproxy can be properly restarted.

Vincent Jorgensen
Operations Engineer @ Incentive Networks
650.226.4917 PDT (GMT-0700)