[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef Server on Vagrant

  • From: Josiah Kiehl < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Chef Server on Vagrant
  • Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 01:05:33 -0700

Berkshelf has an uploader built in, as well. It'll read your cookbook's dependencies and upload all the cookbooks required to run the cookbook.

On Wed, Oct 17, 2012 at 12:17 AM, steve . < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Once the Chef server is up and empty, I build up knife commands with
Spiceweasel.  You can point it at a Chef repository and it will
generate the necessary commands to upload all the
cookbooks/environments/roles/data bags in the proper dependency order.

(It's role-driven, though, so make sure your roles are in order ... if
a cookbook's not in any roles, it won't get uploaded using this
method!)

You could also do variations on "knife cookbook upload -a" ... "find
roles/ -exec knife role from file {} \;" ... etc.