[chef] Re: Specifying repository for knife cookbook site install

  • From: Jeff Storey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Specifying repository for knife cookbook site install
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 13:53:04 -0400

Scratch that, sorry. I realized the external URL is actually pointing to  github.com/opscode-cookbooks/7-zip, which is the right place.

" type="cite">
I'm using knife cookbook site install to install cookbooks, but it looks like
that command is still using the old, deprecated cookbooks
(https://github.com/opscode/cookbooks) repository, rather than the one that is
split up (https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks).

When I ran knife site cookbook site list -w, I got output that looked like:

7-zip:			  http://cookbooks.opscode.com/api/v1/cookbooks/7-zip

Is there a way to use the newer repositories instead of the deprecated ones?