[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: knife bootstrap not finding validation.pem

  • From: Jeff Storey < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: knife bootstrap not finding validation.pem
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 11:46:55 -0400

Will do.
On 10/29/2012 11:45 AM, Daniel DeLeo wrote:
" type="cite">

On Monday, October 29, 2012 at 8:40 AM, Jeff Storey wrote:

That seems to work, but in the client key file I have ~/.chef/myuser.pem. I wonder why it would work in one case but not the other.

In ruby, you need to call File.expand_path to get expand tildes.

Feel free to file a ticket for this, or better yet, make a patch. If you have the stack trace, it should be pretty easy to locate the spot where you should add expand_path and add it.

--
Daniel DeLeo