[chef] Re: is anyone doing work on the PostgreSQL cookbook?

  • From: Greg Symons < >
  • To: < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: is anyone doing work on the PostgreSQL cookbook?
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:17:41 -0500

On 10/31/2012 04:33 PM, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
I started looking at the PostgreSQL cookbook and it looks like it falls short
in a few areas, e.g. PostgreSQL 9 support, Foodcritic rules, etc. Is anyone
already working on this stuff, or should I dig in?

I also don't understand why [:postgresql][:dir] is a "set" attribute rather than
"default"...?

I'm currently working on backporting (and cleaning up) some of tunability changes from https://github.com/damm/postgresql, in addition to cleaning up Stephen Figgins' changes on COOK-1064. I'm also going to be contributing some validation for the pg_hba.conf customization in COOK-1474.

I haven't been working on the foodcritic issues, but I believe that Postgres 9 support is working on Ubuntu 11.10+, since the default postgres changed, though I noticed that Postgres 9 on Red Hat derivatives appears to be lacking.

The work I've been doing is on several branches in https://github.com/gregsymons/postgresql. Eventually that repository will be moving to the DrillingInfo organization, but I still need DI's fork so that I can get the changes I made on top of damm's postgres.

Anyway, it looks like you can probably dig in on the foodcritic stuff and the postgres 9 on Red Hat.

Greg