[chef] Re: Why use knife cookbook site vendor?

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Why use knife cookbook site vendor?
  • Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 12:03:01 -0700

On Thursday, November 1, 2012 at 11:42 AM, wrote:

I've noticed that when I run knife cookbook site install <COOKBOOK>, it
automatically creates a vendor branch for that cookbook. What is the difference
between doing this and knife cookbook site vendor?
The `vendor` command is the same thing, we changed from `vendor` to `install` because "vendor" describes the implementation while "install" describes the intent. We kept `vendor` around in case people had scripts that depend on it.

--
Daniel DeLeo