General discussion about Chef

  • From: Sachin Sagar Rai < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Should name be in the boilerplate for metadata.rb… WAS: Re: Re: How to get test-kitchen to work when cookbook is named "cookbook-x"
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 02:36:24 +0545

Yes, I've faced this when using Berkshelf n Berkshelf restricts to have the name.

Librarian is liberal.

@millisami
~ Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer
http://tfm.com.np
http://nepalonrails.com
Sent with Sparrow

On Thursday, November 15, 2012 at 1:16 AM, Bryan McLellan wrote:

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Jeffrey Hulten < "> > wrote:
I have run across a couple of cases where this bit me or others. Should the name attribute be added to the boilerplate metadata.rb?

Patch already provided here awaiting review:

There's an issue open that asks if name should be a required

And yet another ticket to make name be the name of the cookbook rather

Bryan