[chef] setting command line aliases for recipes

  • From: S Ahmed < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] setting command line aliases for recipes
  • Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 21:10:11 -0500

I was just thinking, I always seem to have to lookup all the folders for my log files, config directories etc. for all my services, and when it has been a while then it gets even harder for me to remember.

How can I create aliases for all my service directories so that it is available when I ssh into the box (in a unobtrusive way).

I guess I just create a file with the aliases, then modify my .bash_profile by appending my aliases file to it...

suggestions?