[chef] Change the hostname at runtime

  • From: Sachin Sagar Rai < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Change the hostname at runtime
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 14:41:05 +0545

Ohai Chefs!

Since I've added the recipe of cookbook unattended-upgrades that emails me about those events.
FYI, I'm using AWS EC2.
But when the email comes, its subject has:

[reboot required] unattended-upgrades result for 'ip-10-121-17-242'

Here, that private ip is set as hostname and this doesn't gives me the info which server/instance is that.

So, I want to setup the my custom hostname before all execution of the bootstrap process starts so that the chef run for the first time will change the hostname of the instance.

@millisami
~ Sachin Sagar Rai
Ruby on Rails Developer
http://tfm.com.np