[chef] Re: Roles and Versioning

  • From: Jay Feldblum < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Roles and Versioning
  • Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 13:47:29 -0500

Kevin,

If you treat roles as implementation, then you will need to start versioning them.

If you treat roles as interface, as a declaration of intent only, and remove all implementation from them, then you will need to implement them with an implementation cookbook, so to speak. The role will not need to be versioned itself; only the implementation cookbook will need to be versioned.

Cheers,
Jay