[chef] rvm with chef[-solo] system/user-wide for multiple applications

  • From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] rvm with chef[-solo] system/user-wide for multiple applications
  • Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2012 17:08:52 -0600

Hi list,

I've given up on Chef+rvm for now. It seems to be a little bit more involved than I expected. I ended up using this recipe to install Ruby 1.9.2 from source: https://github.com/carlo/chef-ruby1.9, luckily all my apps are 1.9-based anyway.

However, I was wondering if anyone out there managed to successfully use rvm to install ruby system-wide or user-wise. I'd also like to know if there's anyone using it to have multiple ruby apps using different rubies by using the .rvmrc.

Any insights appreciated,

- Marcelo.