[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Bulk expansion of templates

  • From: Maven User < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Bulk expansion of templates
  • Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 11:48:06 -0500

I'm not sure what that does exactly - but I thought remote_file just copied some remote file down.

I don't understand how that would expand the tokens inside a template.

>The structure looks like this:
>
>foo
>|_bin
>|_conf
>|_templates
>   |_bin
>   |_conf
>
>Essentially, I want to take any of the directories inside templates, and
>process the files inside to identical directories one higher.

In "foo/templates/conf" we have property files for example.  Inside the property files, we have erb type syntax.

In maven and ant, you can say "copy the contents of templates one directory higher and expand all tokens you find inside these files".

There are two things I'm trying to solve for - I want to configure my product as late as possible AND I don't want to maintain a list of property files and their locations.

The ULTIMATE goal of mine is to create a lwrp so I don't have all these very similar cookbooks with only slightly different configuration files listed.