[chef] Re: RE: Chef Search Broken

  • From: Kevin Huynh < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: Chef Search Broken
  • Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 13:21:31 -0800

Thanks for the help guys.

Thanks Kevin Keane -- it was a rabbitMQ issue for me as well.

For those with similar chef search problems, here's what I did:

1.)  I deleted my chef vhost and user from rabbitmq
2.)  Created new chef vhost and user: "rabbitmqctl add_vhost /chef" and "rabbitmqctl add_user chef ****" (Replace **** with password)
3.)  Then in /etc/chef/server.rb, I added:

amqp_user "chef"
amqp_pass "****" where **** is the password

4.)  I restarted chef-server, chef-expander, and chef-solr just for good measure, and everything works now.

Thanks all!

Kevin