[chef] Re: remote_directory resource does not delete files

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: remote_directory resource does not delete files
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2012 08:04:32 -0800

On Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 7:46 AM, wrote:

I have a recipe using the remote_directory resource to place a directory and
its files into a destination directory. If I remove some of the source files
from the directory in my cookbook and re-run the chef client (solo in this
case), I had expected files that were removed from the cookbook to be removed
from the destination directory. This does not appear to be the case. Is there
a better way to handle this particular use case (basically something like rsync
with delete)?

Jack
Set the purge option to true.

http://docs.opscode.com/resource_remote_directory.html