[chef] Re: Chef Recipe inserting a line before last line in fie

  • From: AJ Christensen < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Chef Recipe inserting a line before last line in fie
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 19:48:01 +1300

Template the whole file

Cheers,

AJ

On 9 December 2012 19:37, < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hello,

I am new to Chef and Ruby and trying to figure out the proper way to add a line
to /etc/security/access.conf prior to the last line that denies everything not
already defined.

Not sure yet whether the best way is to use a Chef command of a Ruby Block.

I do not see a way in Chef to insert a new line searched for if the line does
not already exist in the file prior to another line in the file.

I thought this would work:

file.replace_line_if_no_match but that adds it after the last line in the file.
 In security, all the entries in access.conf that allow access have to be prior
to the line that denies everything not already allowed.

Basically, I want to see if "+:mongod:cron crond\n" already exists.  If it
does, do not do anything.  However, if it does not exist, insert it prior to "-
: ALL : ALL\n".

What is the best way in a Chef Recipe to do this?

Thank you.

----
Charles Keagle
">