[chef] Re: Re: "DOS" line endings in Stingray TrafficScript rules

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: "DOS" line endings in Stingray TrafficScript rules
  • Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2012 20:31:03 -0800

On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 3:32 PM, Jesse Campbell wrote:

Does the source template have dos line endings (CRLF) that are getting
converted to unix endings (LF) by chef?

When I was working on a different issue recently, I noticed inconsistent use of binmode among different file providers, which I resolved by adding binmode where it was missing.

I'd be interested to hear the answer to the above question, and I should also caution that line ending conversion behavior resulting from not using binmode should not be depended on.

--
Daniel DeLeo