[chef] Re: RE: Re: Re: knife command for create new security group or key pair in AWS ec2

  • From: Peter Norton < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: RE: Re: Re: knife command for create new security group or key pair in AWS ec2
  • Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 14:17:28 -0500

Ganesan,

There's nothing there in the default knife-ec2 plugin IIRC.  However, I've seen infochimps do this in their ironfan work so i don't see why there'd be a problem if you wanted to add these actions to knife-ec2, or to an additional plug-in for yourself.

I'm not sure that the aws cookbook is the place this would go otherwise. Wouldn't that imply that this needs to be done on the launched instance which may not have permissions to modify groups (the security group API is very coarse - pretty much all or nothing) and the key generation needs to be done pre-boot as well if you want dynamically created keys.