[chef] Re: custom bootstrap script with custom client.rb

  • From: Vladimir Girnet < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: custom bootstrap script with custom client.rb
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:14:47 +0200

What's the real problem? Can you give an example?
Have you looked at knife bootstrap scripts?

You can take required script and customize it as required. Place it in ".chef/bootstrap/my_bootstrap.rb" and call via "knife bootstrap -d my_bootstrap ..."

Hi,

I am having an issue where I am creating a custom bootstrapping script, and I
would like to pass it a custom client.rb file. In the documentation it looks
like this is possible, I assume I am just missing something.

Thank you!

Geoff

--
Vladimir Girnet