[chef] Problem with chef writing to cache

  • From: Michael Glenney < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Problem with chef writing to cache
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 12:42:00 -0700

I'm having an issue where chef is having problems writing to cache.  We have an lwrp that pulls files from our internal stores when needed.  We're pulling down a jdk binary.  The resource doesn't error out and notifies the unpack resource to unpack the file but the file isn't there (/var/chef/cache) so the chef run bombs out. The stacktrace is written to /var/chef/cache but the failed-run-data.json is not.

Has anyone experienced this.  Or does the fact that chef CAN write the stacktrace to cache but CANT write the failed-run-data.json give any clues to what's going on?

  • [chef] Problem with chef writing to cache, Michael Glenney, 12/21/2012