[chef] Re: Re: Chef Server not finding require entries in init.rb

  • From: Jesse Campbell < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Chef Server not finding require entries in init.rb
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 10:41:21 -0500

is there a reason you don't want to use the automated installer?

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:15 PM, < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
BTW, when following the Installing Chef Server Manually Web Page, here are
things I did:

Debian and Ubuntu use apt-get, CentOS uses yum.

couchdb and rabbitmq installation went just like indicated.

Java, zlib, and libxml are installed normally on these hosts so I skipped those
steps.

Adding the Opscode APT Repository is very Debian and Ubuntu specific.  Web site
http://apt.opscode.com/ does not address CentOS, so I did not even create the
/etc/apt/sources.list.d subdir.

I did add the GPG Key and update index so /etc/apt has one file in it.

I built and installed gecode from source with no errors.  It's nice it uses
configure to make it architecture independent.

Installed chef-server and chef-webui as indicated with no problems.

Still having trouble figuring out how to get chef-server to find all the
requires listed in it's
/usr/lib64/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/chef-server-api-10.16.2/config/init.rb file.
They are on the host, chef-server is just not seeing them.

New ideas to pursue here would be greatly appreciated.