[chef] Re: Re: installing admin client key into chef-server

  • From: andi abes < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: installing admin client key into chef-server
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:42:30 -0500

more or less... but I'm looking for it on chef 10 ;)

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 12:11 AM, Seth Falcon < " target="_blank"> > wrote:

On Jan 2, 2013, at 3:08 PM, Ranjib Dey wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 2:23 PM, andi abes < "> > wrote:
> is there a way to provide chef-server (opensource) a client certificate that it should trust as an admin?

In the Chef 11 Server, an admin client or user can create admin clients. In addition, in Chef 11, you can set the public_key for a client as part of the create request. So if an integrating app provided a public_key, a server admin could create an admin client that the app could use to authenticate with. Not sure if that's what you're looking for or not.

+ seth