[chef] Re: Re: Bootstrapping Windows Nodes via RDP

  • From: Chris McClimans < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Bootstrapping Windows Nodes via RDP
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 12:18:36 -0800

Paul,

http://eol.ovh.org/winexe/ has direction for building winexe, but I'm not finding winexe as part of the samba4 in Ubuntu 12.04.

At what version did Samba4 start including winexe?

On Thu, Jan 17, 2013 at 11:52 AM, Chris McClimans < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Seems like we could do knife bootstrap windows exec and use different backends.

PsExec on windows
winexe on Linux and OSX

The requirement of a full samba4 install is something we should noodle around.

Are there static linked binaries for OSX and Linux?