[chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Why does package resource not understand source packages?

  • From: andi abes < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Re: Why does package resource not understand source packages?
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:32:09 -0500

fair enough ... but AFAICT, apt  doesn't really handle the "source" attribute, while dpkg does...

I guess I care less of the exact implementation details, but the end result - if you use a source attribute, you probably don't want to use apt. So, to stay DRY, it'd be nice if the presence of "source" would trigger chef to use dpkg rather than apt.