[chef] Re: Re: User management - what's your solution?

  • From: AJ Christensen < >
  • To: chef < >
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: User management - what's your solution?
  • Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:56:44 +1300

We recently enhanced the users cookbook to report changes in users on the system (report handler), lock the passwords of all accounts (for NIST Moderate compliance), disable old accounts and restrict particular users to subsets of environments.

As has already been mentioned, the sudo cookbook has so far not given us much grief and is extendible with the '/etc/sudoers.d' functionality on our platform.

I hope to bubble some of these additions back up to the community Users cookbook, barring any major incompatibilities.

Cheers,

AJ