[chef] Re: Re: Re: Using ruby_block

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Re: Using ruby_block
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 08:19:44 -0800

On Saturday, January 26, 2013 at 11:47 AM, Sachin Sagar Rai wrote:
Well @Daniel, I've been doing that way already and using the chef_gem resource and ordered execution of recipes.

I was trying to get feedback whether I'm going in the wrong direction.
Thanks

@millisami
~ Sachin Sagar Rai
There's a lively discussion going on in chef-dev about this topic. You can read the current archives here:

http://lists.opscode.com/sympa/arc/chef-dev/2013-01/msg00053.html

…if you're not subscribed to that list.

My summary is that people feel that compile-time resources should be avoided where possible, but there are some cases where it's the only currently available way to load extensions into Chef.

HTH,

--
Daniel DeLeo