[chef] Re: Re: Chef 11.0.0.beta.2 Released

  • From: Daniel DeLeo < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Chef 11.0.0.beta.2 Released
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 08:14:13 -0800

On Wednesday, January 30, 2013 at 8:01 AM, Brian Hatfield wrote:

Question: Will the standard omnibus form start automatically shipping Chef 11 once it's released? (ie; no "-- -p" required anymore)
When using the installer script, you automatically get the latest release Omnibus package. The `-p` flag means "prerelease." Side note: I would've preferred `--prerelease`, but portable shell scripting.

If so, for those of us that need to make code changes and tweaks, will there be a way to force install chef 10.18 (or whatever) from omnibus until we are ready for Chef 11?
You can pass the `-v VERSION` flag to the installer script to specify the desired version. Note that the default `knife bootstrap` template does this automatically, so it installs the version of Chef that you have (but be careful if you want to use Chef 11 for knife on your workstation before upgrading to Chef 11 on your nodes). You can also browse the available (release-only) packages on http://www.opscode.com/chef/install/, download them, and install them by whatever means fits with your environment.

Thank you!
Brian

HTH,

--