[chef] Suggestion while I wait for a Bento download

  • From: Mathieu Martin < >
  • To: " " < >
  • Subject: [chef] Suggestion while I wait for a Bento download
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2013 22:02:40 -0500

Hey (Opscode) Chefs,

I've been using Cloudflare as a CDN in front of an S3 bucket to host big files. Just like what you're doing with the bento boxes on S3.

Have you guys thought of doing something like that, to cut down on S3 costs?

Heck, even the free Cloudflare service level offers the CDN, which I find quite nice, even for low traffic personal projects :-)

Cheers,

Mat

----

I'm web and mobile consultant, founder of RockSolidRails. My main field of expertise is Ruby on Rails and everything web, including mobile web solutions. I can also help you with devops/sysadmin & security. Let me know if you need a great software artist.

Follow me on twitter @webmat, get in touch on LinkedIn, or check out my blog at programblings.com.

If you're a tech person, the following may make sense to you.

I'm the author of git_remote_branch. A tool that's been helping common mortals like me share git branches for 5 years. Downloaded 45 000 times.

I've also contributed to some of the popular libraries in the Rails, jQuery and PhoneGap ecosystems:

paperclip, active_admin, jquery-ujs, jquery-rails, kaminari, AssetSync, phonegap-plugin-facebook-connect, shoulda, woulda, jeweler.

If you visit them on GitHub, you'll see my face in the "Contributors" section :-)

  • [chef] Suggestion while I wait for a Bento download, Mathieu Martin, 01/31/2013