[chef] Re: Re: Chef WebUI issues

  • From: Ashutosh Narayan < >
  • To:
  • Subject: [chef] Re: Re: Chef WebUI issues
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 20:37:08 +0530

I am installing it on CentOS 6.3.
I am installing via bootstrap method.
No, I am not installing the standalone installer.

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Jesse Campbell < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
What platform are you installing to, and what method did you use to install?

It sounds like you are not using the standalone installer (http://www.opscode.com/chef/install/, click on Chef Server)

On Wed, Feb 13, 2013 at 8:07 AM, Ashutosh Narayan < " target="_blank"> > wrote:
Hi folks,

I was successfully able to install Chef-10.18.0 on a server.
My laptop is acting as client for that server.
I followed the instructions given on OpsCode wiki and
landed to a situation where command line communication
via knife is OK. When I click on link for WebUI, the page
redirects to < server_ip:4040 > which can't be found.

Later, I found that the package itself is not installed, so I
installed it from here with the same version.

/etc/init.d/chef-server-webui service doesn't seem to reflect
in /etc/init.d directory. It means that even after doing a
gem install on chef-server-webui package service is not up.

Please let me know where am I going wrong ?

Thank you,

--
Ashutosh Narayan

http://ashutoshn.wordpress.com/